Statistics don’t lie. People in Delaware aren’t doing enough to protect themselves from skin cancer. Here’s where we stand.
- The melanoma incidence rate increased more than three times faster in Delaware than nationally over the past 10 years.
- Sussex County had the highest melanoma incidence rate of the three counties in Delaware from 2006 to 2010.
- About 27 Delawareans die of melanoma annually. Source: 2013, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Delaware
- One American dies of melanoma every hour.
- More men than women die of melanoma in Delaware.
- Unprotected exposure to ultraviolet light is the most preventable risk factor for melanoma.
Protecting your skin is one of the things you can do to live a healthier life. Read more at HealthyDelaware.org and get started on a healthy future.